Andrew Pimlott is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura. He is a financial services expert having previously led financial crime investigations across the U.S., Europe, and the Middle East. He has led his clients, who are among the largest financial institutions, through exceptionally complex and impactful regulatory and legal matters, and has on numerous occasions represented them before the U.S. New York DFS, Treasury/OFAC, DOJ and FBI as well as EMEA regulators.
Andrew was previously a Partner and Senior Managing Director at two consulting and financial services firms in their global investigation practices, where he specialized in financial crime and analytics.
Andrew brings regulatory expertise to large-scale financial services investigations, particularly in the area of financial crime, including anti-money laundering, terrorist financing, economic sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption investigations.
Andrew’s professional experience includes:
- Leading a large sanctions investigation for a U.K. financial institution under investigation by U.S. regulators “The Office of Foreign Assets Control”. Helped client with important data disclosure and preparation for presentation to U.S. regulators.
- Led an investigation into a crypto-currency exchange for money laundering and U.S. tax avoidance offenses. The engagement involved reviewing derivatives linked to digital tokens not licensed under U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).
- Anti-money laundering and economic sanction engagements directed by the New York DFS and OFAC
- Working alongside legal teams on criminal and civil government inquiries
- Financial crime monitoring, AML testing and assurance. Financial crime MI, data and systems assurance
- Helping clients analyze large datasets (core banking, trade finance, SWIFT, KYC, audio, email, voice) using advanced analytics and machine learning
- Supporting financial institutions with issues arising from sanctions and money laundering, and facilitating relationships with U.S. correspondent banks
- Representing financial institutions and other corporates in OFAC SDN delisting engagements
- Undertaking major FCPA and UKBA engagements
- Conducting internal investigations into alleged misconduct, and international investigations into alleged noncompliance by foreign agents and business partners