Experts & Advisors
Senior Managing Director
Level 27, 101 Collins St
Melbourne VIC 3143, Australia
Christine Oliver is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura, based out of Sydney and Melbourne, with over 15 years of experience in professional services. She uses a combination of technical accounting, finance, valuation, and economic expertise to prepare expert evidence and provide consulting advice to clients in a wide range of commercial disputes.
Christine has given evidence in court and has prepared expert witness reports, supported other experts in the preparation of their reports, and given consulting advice across a broad range of matters. She also regularly acts as an independent accounting expert in post-acquisition and other contractual disputes, and she has assisted parties in drafting submissions for such experts.
Prior to joining Ankura, Christine was a partner at a Big 4 global accountancy firm, where she led their Australian dispute advisory practice.
Christine’s professional experience includes:
- Appointed as independent accountant to determine a completion accounts dispute between two listed entities in the telecommunications sector.
- Served as advisor to a private equity firm on a completion accounts dispute relating to the acquisition of a global logistics company, resulting in a successful determination.
- Instructed as independent valuation expert by the defendants in a claim relating to professional negligence in respect to the valuation of a distiller and distributor of alcoholic beverages.
- Instructed as accounting and quantum expert by plaintiffs in a claim concerning breach of warranty in a transaction. Addressed the appropriateness of the accounting in warranted financial statements, related valuation effects, the materiality of certain pre-SPA disclosures, and loss quantification.
- Instructed as an expert in a family law matter relating to digital assets including beneficial ownership, funds tracing, and valuation issues.
- Served as advisor to listed entities in class action disputes including providing advice on the reasonableness of forward-looking statements, compliance with accounting standards, budgeting, board reporting, and loss quantification including event studies, volume analysis, and first-principles valuation.
- BCom, Monash University
- GradDip, Chartered Accounting, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- GradDip, Applied Finance, Kaplan Professional
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Business Valuation Specialist
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Forensic Accounting Specialist
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, Member
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand’s Forensic Accounting Committee, Chair