Index Tower, Unit 1701, DIFC
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
+971 4 226 2436 Main
+971 55 773 2765 Mobile
Marc Williams is a Managing Director in Ankura, based in Dubai. Marc is a chartered quantity surveyor with more than 19 years of experience in the construction and engineering sectors, the majority of this time has been spent in the Middle East. He has been appointed as a quantum expert and has acted as lead assistant on numerous other quantum expert reports. Marc also provides financial, commercial, contractual, and claims services on a wide range of projects. He has worked with both private and public-governmental clients in the rail, infrastructure, transportation, oil and gas, marine, building, and civil engineering industries.
Marc’s professional experience includes:
- Gas Terminal Infrastructure, Iraq: Appointed as the independent quantum expert on two arbitrations concerning the evaluation of variation claims, prolongation costs, and interest costs related to the construction of a new jetty serving the terminal.
- Independent Expert Quantum (Pre-action) advisor: Served as the independent expert quantum advisor on two separate engineering, procurement, and construction contracts that were terminated. At issue were the evaluation of measured works variation claims, prolongation costs, disruption, termination costs, loss of profit, overhead costs, and interest costs. The two contracts were between an owner and an EPC contractor, and an EPC contractor and a subcontractor.
- Semi-Submersible Rig, Korea: Served as lead assistant in the preparation of expert report on quantum matters in arbitration, assessing termination costs, change orders, prolongation, disruption, and finance charges.
- Claims Assessment, Turret Mooring System: Advised on and made recommendations against cost claims on the design, engineering, and fabrication of the world’s largest turret mooring system for a specialist European oil and gas EPC contractor.
- Arbitration Support, Process, and Power Plants (Multiple): Served as lead assistant on an expert report on quantum matters in arbitration for one of the Middle East’s first waste-to-energy plants as well as major water-treatment works in both the UK and Middle East. Scope included variations, prolongation, escalation, and finance charges.
- Expert Witness Support, Transport, and Infrastructure Projects (Multiple): Provided expert witness assistance and advice on quantum matters in arbitration for several metro, airport, and infrastructure projects both in the UK and the Middle East. Marc assessed prolongation, valuation of variations, escalation, disruption, and finance charges.
- Arbitration Support, Construction Projects (Multiple): Assisted in the preparation of numerous expert reports on quantum matters in arbitration, including variations prolongation, escalation, disruption, and finance charges, for hotels, commercial and residential high-rises, airport terminals, and mixed-use developments throughout the Middle East.
- Post-Graduate Diploma, International Commerical Arbitration – Distinction, Queen Mary School of Law, London
- BSc Hons Quantity Surveying - 1st Class, Liverpool John Moore’s University
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor (UK)
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- Legal Experince Training Advanced Professional Award in Expert Witness Evidence (LETAPAEWE)