Experts & Advisors
Melissa Morea Evola
Senior Managing Director
485 Lexington Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Melissa Morea Evola is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura, based in New York. She has 24 years of experience in analyzing schedule delays and cost overruns on numerous engineering and construction projects as well as mitigating schedule risks for on-going projects. Further, she has drawn upon her extensive expert and dispute avoidance experience to provide risk management, project management, planning/scheduling, and advisory services to parties at all stages of the project lifecycle. She has been retained on a variety of projects from around the world, including the United States, Canada, Europe, South Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. She has provided delay and damages expert testimony in arbitration, international arbitration, ADR, and DRB proceedings, mediations, and settlement negotiations.
Melissa’s professional experience includes:
- Related Hudson Yards, New York City: Currently assisting the Related Companies in the scheduling and coordination of the $22 billion Hudson Yards project and the redevelopment of the west side of New York City. Leading the team that assists Related in monitoring the scheduling and coordination of the construction schedules and site logistics of all projects at the site.
- World Trade Center Redevelopment, New York City: Assisted Silverstein Properties, Inc. in the master planning of three office towers at the World Trade Center Redevelopment. Led the team that assisted Silverstein Properties in the coordination of its construction schedules with other stakeholders’ projects at the site.
- Rail Car Manufacturer, New York: Assisted a rail car manufacturer with a critical path delay analysis to both the initial development and follow-on production for the refurbishment of an existing rail car program. Identified delay impacts to both the development of the first production cars as well as additional delay impacts to the production cars. Testified to the critical path analysis in mediation.
- Coal-fired Power Plant, Southwestern Illinois: Assisted a global engineering and construction management firm on a new power plant regarding delay issues associated with a major equipment designer and manufacturer. Reviewing schedule delays, liquidated damages and cost overruns resulting from the actions or inactions of this major equipment designer and manufacturer and the impacts that occurred during construction of the project
- Four Seasons Luxury Hotel, Orlando, FL: Assisted Silverstein Properties, Inc. in monitoring the construction scheduling of a luxury hotel complex. Led the team that reviewed the construction manager’s schedule sequencing and approach to meet critical milestones. Oversaw the development of monthly schedule reports for the owner based on the construction manager’s schedule updates.
- Government Facility, Taiwan: Retained by the law firm to assist with an ICDR arbitration involving a US-based construction manager against a Taiwanese joint venture in a termination case. Completed schedule and manpower analyses to assess the joint venture’s performance and delays incurred as of the termination. Developed an expert report and a rebuttal report which was successfully testified at arbitration.
- Telecommunication Program, South Africa: Assisted a telecommunication contractor in the schedule delay analysis and quantification of damages related to the four-year program for development, testing, and implementation of telecommunications software. The arbitration, involving the telephone provider for a major African country, was under the jurisdiction of the International Chamber of Commerce.
- High School Renovation & Expansion: Represented a Board of Education that was overseeing the expansion and renovation of its local high school. Provided an independent evaluation of work performed by the architect during the construction and renovation of the project. Led the team in evaluating schedule delays and damages to the board due to the architect’s failures regarding the remediation of key design issues. Developed an expert report and testified to this report in arbitration.
- Automatic Train System, New York: Retained to provide claim services and software development expertise in connection with the design, provision, installation, and testing of software and hardware for the project. Prepared a schedule delay and damage claim. Developed and formally presented part of the claim on behalf of our client during settlement discussions.
- AC-130U Gunship: Assisted Boeing in analyzing their schedule delays and disruptions. Responsible for analyzing the full-scale development program of a highly sophisticated weaponry system. Accountable for identifying the critical delays on the project and developing a schedule analysis to address the allocation of these critical delays. Participated in mediation discussions between and formally presented on critical schedule issues.
- BS, Civil Engineering, Villanova University
- Project Management Professional (PMP) – Project Management Institute – September 2005
- New York Building Congress, Member