150 North Riverside Plaza, Suite 2400
Chicago, IL 60606
Mike Kennelly is a Senior Managing Director and the practice leader of the Valuation and Transaction Advisory group at Ankura. He provides financial advisory, valuation and accounting services for transactional advisory purposes, complex commercial disputes, valuation matters and accounting investigations. He frequently serves as a financial, accounting, and valuation advisor to companies and investors for transaction and accounting purposes, including to assist them in accounting for and valuing businesses, cash flow generating assets, intellectual property, and complex securities.
Mike has assisted companies with financial advisory issues throughout my career, including serving as the chief financial advisor to companies and other constituents in financially challenging or distressed environments. Mike is a forensic accountant experienced in both disputes and investigations. Mike has significant experience providing expert consulting and testimony on the subject of damages, valuation, solvency, ability to pay, and accounting matters. Mike has presented his findings to management committees, regulators, and state and federal courts, including U.S. Tax Court, Delaware Chancery Court, U.S. Bankruptcy Court and U.S. District Court.
Examples of his professional experience include:
- Business valuations and accounting analyses for a variety of purposes, including for transactions (mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures), solvency analyses, analysis of related party transactions, financial and tax accounting, capital planning, performance management, damages calculations, and other litigation purposes.
- Damages, solvency, inability to pay, accounting, and valuation analyses regarding transactions, post-transaction matters, disputes, and investigations.
- Due diligence, advisory and/or financial accounting services, including valuation and quality of earnings, for transaction purposes.
- Expert witness testimony in federal and state jurisdictions, including U.S. Bankruptcy Court, U.S. Tax Court, and arbitration proceedings, regarding damages and other financial, valuation, and accounting issues.
- Financial advisor in restructuring and distressed company matters, helping to develop, implement, or evaluate restructuring plans, sell assets, restructure debt, stabilize crises, and perform forensic analyses to analyze complex transactions.
- BA, University of Notre Dame
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accredited Senior Appraiser
- Accredited in Business Valuation
- Certification in Distressed Business Valuation
- Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- American Society of Appraisers
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Associate of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- Illinois CPA Society