150 North Riverside Plaza, Suite 2400
Chicago, IL 60606
Mike O’Keefe is a Managing Director at Ankura based in Chicago. He has expertise in the areas of global construction, healthcare, and real estate. For over 29 years, Mike has played an integral role in the planning, development, financing, leasing, acquisition, asset management, and financial analysis of over $2 billion of healthcare projects throughout the U.S. He has significant experience in evaluating the business and economic aspects of real estate assets and developing real estate portfolio optimization strategies. Mike is a published author on ambulatory project planning, financing, and development matters and is a featured speaker on related issues.
Mike’s professional experience includes:
- UIH Outpatient Surgery Center and Specialty Clinics, Chicago, IL: 200,000 sf ACC development structured and financed as a public private partnership.
- The Toledo Clinic Comprehensive Cancer Center, Maumee, OH: 70,000 sf comprehensive care center being developed and owned in a joint venture with The Toledo Clinic, a 265-physician independent group, and Karmanos Cancer Institute, a National Cancer Institute (NCI) designated cancer institute.
- Northwest Community Healthcare Outpatient Care Center, Killdeer, IL: Site acquisition, development, financing, and ownership structuring of a 50,000 sf outpatient care center.
- Rush University Medical Center/Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush, Oak Brook, IL: Development and real estate advisory services for a 100,000 sf ambulatory care building containing an outpatient surgery center, advanced imaging, and physician clinical office space.
- Piedmont Athens Regional, Athens, GA: Real estate advisory, ambulatory facility planning, and strategic master facility planning.
- Baptist Health South Florida, Miami, FL: Real estate performance improvement assessment.
- Maricopa Integrated Health System, Phoenix, AZ: System-wide strategic master facility planning and real estate advisory.
- Texas Health Resources, Dallas, TX: MOB portfolio monetization and clinic portfolio consolidation/optimization assessment.
- Lee Memorial Health System, Fort Myers, FL: Strategic and real estate advisory services for mixed-use medical village development.
- Northwestern Medicine, Chicago, IL: Development and leasing of one million sf mixed-use high-rise outpatient care pavilion.
- Princeton HealthCare System, Princeton, NJ: Real estate and development advisory services.
- Tomah Memorial Hospital, Tomah, WI: Development services for a new critical access hospital campus including an integrated health and wellness center and ambulatory care center.
- Genesis HealthCare System, Zanesville, OH: Ambulatory facility development.
- Marin General Hospital, Greenbrae, CA: Capital and development advisory services.
- Via Christi Health, Wichita, KS: Real estate performance improvement assessment.
- Rush University Medical Center/Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush, Chicago, IL: Development, financing, and real estate advisory services for a 220,000 sf orthopaedic ambulatory building.
- MediCorp Health System, Stafford, VA: MOB development, ownership structuring, financing, leasing, and asset management.
- Kishwaukee Health System, DeKalb, IL: MOB development, ownership structuring, financing, leasing, and asset management.
- NorthBay Healthcare, Vacaville, CA: Ambulatory surgery center development, ownership structuring, financing, and asset management.
- Rush-Copley Medical Center, Aurora, IL: MOB development, ownership structuring, financing, leasing, and asset management.
- El Camino Hospital, Mountain View, CA: MOB development, ownership structuring, financial advisory services, and leasing.
- Silver Cross Hospital, Joliet, IL: MOB development, ownership structuring, financial advisory services, and leasing.
- Parma Community General Hospital, Parma, OH: Ambulatory surgery center/MOB development, ownership structuring, financial advisory services, and leasing.
- Platte Valley Medical Center, Brighton, CO: Development advisory, adaptive re-use study.
- Memorial Hospital West/North Broward Hospital District, Pembroke Pines, FL: MOB development, ownership structuring, physician syndication, and leasing.
- BBA, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee