2000 K Street NW, 12th Floor
Washington, DC 20006
Patrick M. Kelly is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura based in Washington, DC. With more than 25 years of relevant experience, he is an expert in project controls, critical path method (CPM) scheduling, earned value analysis, forensic schedule analysis for delays, and disruption and loss of productivity analysis. Patrick is a professional civil engineer and a certified Planning and Scheduling Professional who has qualified and testified as an expert on CPM scheduling and forensic delay analysis in the U.S. and internationally. He has extensive experience in transportation and infrastructure, shipbuilding and ship repair, hotels and condominiums, and government and public facilities.
Patrick’s professional experience includes:
- Scheduling and Project Controls: Provides consultant services in project controls, scheduling, earned value management (EVM), and construction management for contractors, developers, and federal, state, and city organizations. Strong knowledge of both construction methods and software techniques. Skilled in the development and analysis of critical path method networks for transportation, facilities, and critical structures assignments.
- Schedule Delay Analysis: Provides forensic schedule analysis and litigation support to owners, contractors, and attorneys on construction methods, cost analysis, and delay/disruption issues, and is a testifying expert on CPM scheduling and forensic schedule analysis. Thorough understanding of delay and impact analysis methods and the application of construction legal doctrines.
- Disruption and Loss of Productivity Analysis: Thoroughly experienced in performing lost labor productivity analyses and in trend analysis of productivity, efficiency, and earned value metrics. Performs “measured mile” and earned value analyses to determine lost efficiency and cumulative impact of multiple change orders and schedule impact analyses to determine the effects of lost productivity on schedule.
- Transportation and Infrastructure: Contract management, construction management, scheduling, claims, and disputes resolution services on a broad array of projects in the U.S., Canada, and internationally, including work on major ports, roads, and highways (including construction of major interchanges, roadway, and utility construction and repairs, sound wall erection, etc.), bridge and tunnel construction and repair, and airport construction and renovation.
- Shipbuilding and Ship Repair: Scheduling, claims, and disputes resolution services for both commercial and military ships. Projects include new ship construction as well as ship repair and refit to include both structural and mechanical systems repair, spanning from the dry-docking of craft through the post-availability sea trials.
- Hotels and Condominiums: Contract management, construction management, scheduling, claims, and disputes resolution services on hotel and condominium projects within the U.S. and internationally.
- Government, School, and Public Facilities: Contract management, construction management, scheduling, claims, and disputes resolution services on projects involving federal and state facilities, including schools, universities, dormitories, and military facilities.
- BS, Ocean Engineering, US Naval Academy
- Honors & Awards
- Who’s Who Legal says: “Patrick Kelly is ‘an excellent expert’ according to clients who describe him as ‘a go-to Individual’ for forensic schedule delay analysis.”
- Who’s Who Legal Consulting Expert Witness: Construction – Quantum & Delay
- Board of Directors, AACE International (Region 2 Director, 2016 – 2018)
- Board of Directors, AACE International (Vice President for Finance, 2018 – 2020)
- Professional Engineer (Maryland)
- Planning and Scheduling Professional (AACE)
- AACE International
- Society of Construction Law North America
- American Society of Civil Engineers