Level 17, 530 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
+61 3 7067 5371 Main
Peter Jerome is a Managing Director at Ankura based in Melbourne, Australia with experience in construction disputes and advisory services. Peter is a chartered quantity surveyor with over 25 years of experience, specializing in the expert assessment of disputed claims in multiple industries, including infrastructure, rail, civil engineering, building, power, and oil and gas. He is experienced in the provision of expert witness services, claims preparation, management and negotiation, and the commercial management of large construction projects.
Peter acts as quantum expert and provides expert services on valuation of variations and assessment of damages, direct loss, and/or expense for formal dispute pleadings in arbitration and litigation.
He has extensive experience in the assessment of claims for prolongation, acceleration and disruption costs, contentious variations, and difficult final accounts. He has also provided claims and expert services in numerous project termination disputes.
Peter’s professional experience includes:
- LNG Plant, Australia: Arbitration between a main contractor and subcontractor. Lead assistant to the quantum expert on disputed reasonableness of termination costs in respect of a combined cycle power plant subcontract.
- Water Treatment Pipeline, APAC: Litigation between sub-subcontractor and subcontractor. Appointed as quantum expert on the quantum of variations and prolongation costs due to delay/disruption.
- Semi-FPS Project, Malaysia: Arbitration between an oil company and contractor. Lead assistant to the quantum expert on delay, disruption, and rectification costs arising from major offshore defects.
- Process Plant, Australia: Arbitration between main contractor and subcontractor on technical ammonium nitrate plant. Lead assistant to the quantum expert on claims and counterclaims arising from
- termination in respect of methods of valuation, delay, disruption, and variations.
- Express Rail Project, Hong Kong: Arbitration between a main contractor and subcontractor. Assisted quantum expert on disputed methods of assessing delay costs arising from late access, and methods of measurement for diaphragm wall works and associated variations, fair valuation of ground conditions, claims for additional profit, and finance charges.
- Condominium Project, Singapore: Litigation between main contractor and subcontractor. Appointed as quantum expert on the quantum of work done, variations, and set-offs.
- MSc, Construction Law and Arbitration, King’s College London/NUS
- BSc, Hons., Quantity Surveying, University of Greenwich
- Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Society of Construction Law