425 California Street, Suite 2600
San Francisco, CA 94104
Peter V. Badala is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura based in San Francisco. For over 38 years, he has provided quantum expert analysis and testimony on hundreds of construction projects globally. Peter’s clients include major international law firms, public and private owners, developers, A/E firms, contractors, sub-contractors, materials suppliers, sureties, and financial institutions.
Peter‘s quantum expert appointments have included construction cost audits, project risk assessments and project control reviews, contract terminations (for convenience and default), the evaluation and pricing of changed work, the preparation and analysis of claims for delay, acceleration, disruption and lost productivity, project status reviews, prudence investigations, false claims investigations, and business interruption claims and economic damages (including diminution of asset value and lost profits calculations).
Peter’s project experience spans all industry sectors including chemical/petrochemical, education, sports entertainment, healthcare, hospitality, housing, infrastructure, manufacturing, military, mining and minerals, oil and gas, power, shipbuilding and repair, transit, telecommunications, and water/wastewater among others.
He has offered oral and written expert testimony in:
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre;
- International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC);
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL);
- US federal and state courts;
- Federal and state regulatory commissions;
- American Arbitration Association (AAA);
- British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre (BCICAC); and
- Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA).
Peter lectures frequently on topics ranging from construction claims pricing and damage theories, construction contract accounting practices and procedures, to strategies on how to successfully resolve disputes prior to litigation. He was a speaker at the ABA Construction Forum/TIPS program on the topic of claims pricing theories and techniques, PESI Law & Accounting, leading continuing professional education for professionals in the construction industry, as well as the national and international construction super conferences. In addition, Peter has been a contributing editor to the Wiley law construction handbooks.
- BS, Business Administration, Georgetown University
- Honors & Awards
- Who’s Who Legal says: “’Big name’ practitioner Peter Badala is a prominent figure in Singapore who receives effusive praise from peers for his work on disruption and loss of productivity claims.”