150 North Riverside Plaza, Suite 2400
Chicago, IL 60606
Roy J. Gallagher is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura and the Global Co-Head of the Turnaround and Restructuring practice. He has 25 years of experience in the global financial markets, and has spent over a decade of his career as an active investor in the leveraged loan and distressed debt markets with a primary focus on distressed debt investing. As a financial advisor, Roy focuses on advising ad hoc lender groups, sponsors, and companies through distressed situations.
Select advisor roles include:
- Currently serving as the advisor to an ad hoc group of term lenders in the Instant Brands, Inc. Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Currently serving as the advisor to the debtors in the Benefytt Technologies, Inc. Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Currently serving as advisor to the noteholders in the Rialto Bioenergy Facility, Inc. Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Served as financial advisor to Nautical Solutions, LLC in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Recently served as advisor to an ad hoc group of lenders in K&N Engineering, an auto after-market business. The lenders restructured their existing term debt and committed additional capital in exchange for control of the equity through an out-of-court transaction which achieved unanimous consent from the first and second lien term lenders and the equity holders.
- Advised two ad hoc groups of secured noteholders in the CarbonLITE Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Advised the ad hoc groups as the DIP lender and through the restructuring and 363 sale process. Ultimately, the noteholders received a par recovery in a successful auction process.
- Served as financial advisor to an ad hoc group of secured lenders in the Libbey, Inc. Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Advised the ad hoc lenders through the reorganization of Libbey in which the lenders received 100% of the equity in the reorganized company.
- Served as financial advisor to the noteholders to Genera, Inc., a biomass pulp and packaging business. Ankura was hired by the noteholders to advise them through an out-of-court sale process and to raise bridge financing.
- Served as financial advisor to an ad hoc group of secured noteholders and preferred equity holders to Associated Materials, Inc., a building products manufacturer and distributor. Advised the group through an out-of-court restructuring of $1.3 billion in debt and preferred equity.
- BS, Accounting, University of Notre Dame
- Certified Public Accountant (inactive)
- Turnaround Management Association