2963 Sidco Drive, Suite 101
Nashville, TN 37204
+1.615.371.8612 Main Get in touch
Ryan Tabor is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura based in Nashville. He specializes in leading strategic initiatives and programs that result in significant change. The breadth of Ryan’s 20 plus years of experience, spanning a variety of industries and business challenges, has honed his ability to oversee large, complex, and politically-sensitive projects that span multiple business lines and units, and to react quickly and nimbly to unexpected opportunities and unanticipated obstacles.
Ryan has experience leading teams to drive value and scale in both large public and fast-growth private companies, government, and non-profit entities. He previously spent three years as chief operating officer of a fast-growing manufacturing and direct-sales organization, a broad role that encompassed oversight of technology, manufacturing, distribution, marketing, communications, customer service, and strategic analysis. Ryan began his career as a business analyst and project manager for a diverse holding company.
Ryan’s professional experience includes:
- Strategy and Program Management, Pandemic Relief Program Office: Led strategy and execution of a CARES Act and ARP Act federal funds program office to accelerate disbursements and compliance across multiple initiatives defined by the Governor’s office.
- Agency Reorganization and Optimization, Commonwealth Government & Department of Health: Led development and execution of a cross-agency strategy to accelerate and implement operational reorganization and cost-savings measures, while serving as a strategic advisor to agency leadership.
- Strategic Planning, Multiple Clients: Guided for profit and non-profit leadership teams through strategic planning efforts such as 100-day post-acquisition planning, project prioritization and decision making, 3-5 year strategic plan and roadmap development, growth strategy development, strategic partnership design, and process optimization.
- Process Automation, Manufacturing and Direct Sales Group: While serving as COO, shepherded such major projects as strategic market analysis, pricing, sales compensation modeling, the optimization and integration of a new pick-and-pack system and the deployment of new front- and back-office ERP systems to support process automation, among others.
- Transformation Management, Healthcare Purchasing Group: Led team that established a dedicated transformation management office at a national enterprise, providing significant business-process optimization and change leadership, among other efforts.
- Acquisitions Analysis and Integration, Multiple Clients: Led efforts to evaluate technology and processes of potential targets to identify prospective synergies, gaps, and needs and then guided the planning and integration of business and information systems of acquired companies.
- Due Diligence Assessments, Healthcare System: Guided team in creating tools and methodology for assessing the technology of physician practices targeted for acquisition and facilitating dozens of practice group assessments.
- Enterprise Process Optimization, Healthcare Services: Served as interim director of BPO for a national organization, providing strategic leadership, coaching, and guidance while managing the portfolio of work. Ryan also designed and implemented an enterprise performance dashboard and redesigned frameworks for portfolio management, business analysis, and product support.
- Regulatory Transition, Health System: Provided strategic and change leadership for the switch to ICD-10 coding. Ryan established, led, and mentored the team handling enterprise education and communications for more than 200,000 learners. He also created and managed program governance structure, set up enterprise reporting and monitoring, and represented the initiative on cross-functional and executive leadership teams.
- Transformation Management, Correctional Care Healthcare Service Provider: Led team that completed a number of process and technology transformation initiatives including onboarding and migration of new major customer accounts, implementation of a risk management platform, documentation management platform, telehealth deployment strategy, and multiple HR transformation initiatives.
- Talent Management Program, National Healthcare Services Company: Led the design and implementation of a program to acquire, develop, and retain medical staff and executives. The project involved launching a centralized national recruitment program, partnering with universities and other educational organizations, introducing talent assessments, managing vendor contracts, and designing an employee referral program.
- Payment Model Strategy, Healthcare System: Crafted the framework to help vet alternative payment model contracts in support of the national company’s readiness to adapt to new and emerging payment-reform initiatives.
- Solution and Vendor Evaluation and Implementation, Multiple Clients: Led various efforts to create specialty software solutions, including: salesforce automation for an international executive recruitment organization and national consulting firm; enterprise resource planning and materials management for a fast-growing manufacturer; customer relationship management for a national fundraising organization and publisher; professional service administration for a healthcare professional-services firm; learning management system for a national healthcare services organization; and a knowledge management system for a direct sales and national healthcare services organization.
- Technology and Business Assessments, Multiple Clients: Facilitate meetings at all levels within organizations to determine current and future needs, developing comprehensive business requirements and detailed functional specifications while working with both stakeholders and software developers.
- Technology Life-Cycle Management, Multiple Clients: Guided and delivered more than 50 comprehensive technology projects encompassing everything from conceptual design to procurement, operation, and support.