55 Bishopsgate, 2nd Floor
London, England EC2N 3AS
Tony Farrow is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura, based in London. He has over 30 years’ experience in leading large expert witness cases involving the analysis of schedule delay and disruption and disputed final accounts. He has submitted over 200 expert reports and given evidence in the English High Court and to arbitration tribunals in the UK, Egypt, France, Hong Kong, the Netherlands, and Switzerland.
Tony has operated at corporate level in the EPC sector, leading the project controls functions (planning, contract, and cost management) for an international contractor/operator organization. He was also qualified as a quantity surveyor in 1978 and subsequently worked in a broad commercial environment within the international project management field, dealing with claims, litigation, commercial issues, and trouble shooting.
Tony has published many papers, particularly on the topics of delay analysis and acceleration. He regularly gives seminars and undertakes bespoke training courses for clients. His PhD thesis concerned strategic issues in managing a professional services firm.
Tony’s professional experience includes:
Marine and Offshore
- Two Drill Ship Projects: Expert witness appointments for quantum and delay issues including giving evidence to the arbitral panels.
- Four Semi-Submersible Drilling Rig Projects, UAE and Korea: Contract management role during project execution and one expert witness appointment including giving evidence.
- Eight FPSO projects for Brazil, GOM, Angola, or Australia: Vessel conversions in Singapore or China. Topsides constructed in Singapore or Brazil and Vessels commissioning in Brazil. Monitoring projects during execution including gate reviews and claim and account settlement negotiations.
- Gas Platform, New Compression Facilities: Expert witness for delays and extra costs and giving evidence to High Court.
- Mega Yacht, Netherlands: Report investigating delays and extra costs and presenting evidence to arbitral tribunal.
- Ro-Ro Ferry, New Build, Netherlands: Expert witness report on delays and disputed account and giving evidence to arbitral tribunal.
- Coal fired power stations, South Africa: Disputes on two power stations. Expert witness appointment in Japanese arbitration.
- Two Gas Turbine Power Stations, UK and Belgium: Reports on delay and extra works.
- Refineries, Iraq, and Australia: Expert appointments in arbitration concerning causes of delay.
- Cement and Fertilizer Plants, Indonesia, and Malaysia: Project support from Japan.
- Various Process Plants, UK: Commercial work associated with disputed final accounts.
- Steel Plant Complex, Libya: Project support from Japan.
- Two Water Treatment Plants, UK: Reports investigating delays and final accounts.
- Chemical Plant Shutdown Project, Netherlands: Report investigating delay and quantum claims.
- Headquarter Building, Hong Kong: Expert report on delays and giving evidence to arbitral tribunal.
- Health Headquarters, UK: Report covering quantum and delay and giving evidence to arbitral tribunal.
- Insurance Headquarters Project, UK: Expert report on delay and disputed final account and giving evidence to arbitral tribunal.
- Media Centre, Egypt: Expert report on delay and giving evidence on nine separate occasions to arbitral tribunal.
- Arts Centre Project, UK: Productivity studies.
- Building Refurbishment, UK: Expert report concerning disputed account issues.
- Commercial Building, UK: Expert report covering the impact of changes.
- Dairy Factory, Building Works, UK: Expert report covering disputed final account.
- High Rise Commercial Building, Hong Kong: Report investigating delay and final account issues.
- Two Hospital Projects, UK: Various commercial issues.
- Hotel Refurbishment Project, UK: Claim preparation.
- National Exhibition Centre, UK: Project support.
- Palace Hotel, Oman: Project support.
- Two Pipeline Projects, Jordan, and Kuwait: Expert witness appointments regarding quantum and delay including giving evidence to the arbitral panels.
- Bridge Construction, UK: Expert report delay and quantum impacts following section collapse.
- Civil Airfields Projects, Nigeria: Preparing and negotiating claims for delay.
- Highway Project, Israel: Project commercial support on 80 km road project.
- Train Manufacturer, Netherlands: Report dealing with quantum of claims.
- Two Underground Rail Systems, UK and Netherlands: Project support concerning delays and disputed account items.
- Two Dredging Projects, W. Africa and UAE: Advice considering approaches to value changes in scope and execution methods.
- PhD, Philosophy, University of Manchester
- MS, Construction Management, University of Reading
- BS, with commendation, Quantity Surveying, Northumbria University
- Diploma in Arbitration, College of Estate Management
- Honors & Awards
- Who’s Who Legal says: “Tony Farrow is praised by clients for his responsiveness and his ‘very thorough, systematic and professional method’ in matters such as quantum and delay disputes.”
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor
- Chartered Arbitrator
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators