Colin has a wide range of experience on various project and client types, while initially involved in traditional building projects. Colin has knowledge and understanding of the oil and gas sector and undertakes analysis on such projects on a regular basis.
Colin’s recent engagements include:
- Delay analysis and advice in relation to the upgrade of an oil refinery facility after contractor termination leading to successful mediation.
- Advice and assistance to the contractor in the preparation of an extension of time claim in relation to late partial access to an liquified natural gas process facility.
- Production of programmes and expert report relating to remedial works relating to defective cladding and provision of testimony in adjudication.
- Supporting the name expert in an international arbitration in relation to a 300km pipe line project relating to force majeure delays and loss of productivity.
- Assisted in the delay analysis of a large residential development on behalf of the contractor relating to late design and access issue which progressed to a full TCC hearing.
- Colin undertook delay analysis for a contractor of a new build oil refinery relating to delayed approvals as part of an international arbitration.
- Provide advice and critical review on a client’s existing expert delay report in relation to a new build power station.
- Preparation of a defense and positive case in relation to claims for a contractor on a power station conversion project as part of an adjudication.
- Preparation of expert report in relation to multiple design failures on a residential development including giving a presentation during the mediation process.
- Colin has also undertaken various live project advice roles including the independent monitoring and reporting of progress to the company board in relation to a large London student development and the assessment and review of achievability of a contractor recovery programme on a theater development.