Colleen M. Yushchak is a Managing Director at Ankura, based in Washington, DC office. She has over 20 years of experience in technology and litigation consulting, including compliance consulting relating to EU privacy and data protection laws (including, but not limited to, the GDPR), eDiscovery and litigation support, cyber breach, change management, and information governance.
Colleen’s professional experience includes:
- EU Privacy and GDPR Compliance: Led a multidisciplinary team in supporting a mid-sized, specialized, global consulting firm to achieve GDPR readiness by May of 2018. Performed preliminary GAP assessment, developed and formalized workplan, coordinated a team of consultants, and addressed/documented over 30 activities by the deadline.
- EU Privacy and GDPR Compliance: Provided GDPR readiness consulting to a small, start-up technology company with limited resources. This matter required a creative approach due to limited budget and staff resources. Provided an increased level of service that included on-site support and staff augmentation. Supported client through completion of over 50 readiness activities to achieve GDPR readiness within budget and by the deadline of May 2018.
- Privacy and GDPR Compliance: Provided privacy consulting and GDPR readiness support to one of the largest multinational advertising and public relations companies in the world. Supported GDPR compliance efforts for a dozen different advertising tools and provided guidance regarding legal processing bases and legal transfer mechanism. Assisted clients with various GDPR compliance activities, including development of a data inventory, Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs), and policies and procedures to support GDPR compliance.
- eDiscovery and Litigation Support: Provided consulting support on over 300 litigation and eDiscovery matters. Created and implemented processes and procedures to collect a wide variety of electronic and hardcopy information, consulted on the most efficient approach for pre-processing and processing, designed requirements for electronic document repositories, managed the workflow of large-scale electronic document reviews, assisted clients with the use of advanced tools to speed review, and coordinated complex productions with aggressive deadlines. Managed the substance and privilege review of databases with millions of documents and hundreds of users. Experienced in creating unique workflow solutions to adapt to changing client needs.
- Litigation Support: Over an eight-year period, supported the United States Department of Justice (DOJ), Civil Division, in defending partial breach of contract claims made by over 40 different nuclear utilities against the United States Department of Energy (DOE). Assisted the DOJ throughout the litigation process including: identified and highlighted case issues, managed document review and indexing, developed discovery requests, created case issue binders, maintained litigation support software databases, identified key deponents, created potential deponent binders, developed deposition outlines, identified documents for exhibits, reviewed and summarized deposition transcripts, coordinated half a dozen experts, analyzed damages, supported legal filings and briefs, and prepared for and supported trial.
- Cyber Breach and Incident Response: Managed a data breach matter involving one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health systems in the United States. Developed a procedure to review the impact of the breach within a 14-day period, allowing the hospital to meet its notification requirements and avoid over $17 million in notification fees.
- Change Management Consulting: Assisted on several change management consulting projects for a few large global investment banking and securities firms. One matter involved the conversion of a portfolio accounting system to a Geneva platform. Implemented and tested the new investment accounting system including determined scope of testing, developed test plans and scripts, conducted testing, identified issues and worked with IT to resolve issues identified during testing, documented test results, and supported implementation of the new functionality upon completion of successful testing.
- Information Governance and Systems Consulting: Supported a large state government agency in the clean-up and migration of a large amount of highly confidential employee information to a more useable database system. The project encompassed multiple phases over a three-year period. Downloaded data from both flat files and system files, converted data into various data types, scrubbed data through the use of SQL queries, performed data mapping, tested conversion programs, and prepared summary reports.
Honors & awards
- Mussey-Gillett Shining Star Award (2014)
- News & events
Insights & innovation
- “Beyond Document Review: The Discoverability of Nontraditional Sources (Link),” Minority Trial Lawyer American Bar Association Section of Litigation