Grant partners with clients to develop and implement unique solutions across construction industry sectors including natural gas distribution, food manufacturing, luxury hotels, sporting venues, restaurants, airports, commercial, residential, government, mixed-use, education, retail, interiors, and historic renovations. Grant has experience in development of policies and procedures, risk management, contract negotiations, contract compliance, labor unions, estimating, budgeting, cost reporting, change management, productivity analysis, process improvement, scheduling, resource planning, capital expense planning, field oversight, quality control, and staff development.
Grant’s professional experience includes:
- Managed P&L for mid-size natural gas utility contractor with responsibility for 25 administrative personnel and 125 union employees. Directed all facets of construction operations including project management, field supervision, accounting, office administration, and equipment maintenance. Responsible for hiring, staff development, safety, training, business development, estimating, contract negotiations, union relationships, risk management, project controls, and execution of work.
- Managed consulting team providing advisory services on a capital improvement project for an international food manufacturing company in Monterrey, MX. Developed governance procedures, administered design coordination, procurement oversight, scheduling, cost reporting, and change management. Facilitated design workshops, coordination meetings, and regular project meetings.
- Managed construction of an airline club at an international airport while terminal was fully operational. Provided constructability analysis during the design phase and worked collaboratively with the client and architect to deliver the project under budget and ahead of an accelerated schedule. Club includes reception area, lounge, bar, kitchen, restrooms, and outdoor patio overlooking the concourse.
- Managed construction renovation of historic building in urban location transforming an uninhabitable building into a mixed-used homeless service center. Unique project attributes include lead and asbestos abatement, structural modifications, new rooftop mechanical equipment, preservation and restoration of historic components, and extensive logistical coordination. The facility includes 75 residential units, 150 interim housing units, a health clinic, meeting rooms, offices, a full-service commercial kitchen, dining room, and retail space for social providers.
- Performed internal audits of construction projects to monitor contract compliance and earnings projections. Responsibilities included reviewing contracts, insurance, and accounting documents; performing financial analysis of estimated cost, actual cost, and cost to complete; performing schedule analysis; identifying and assessing risk; and developing internal audit reports used to forecast corporate earnings. Construction sectors audited include government, aviation, education, retail, and interiors.
- Managed construction of a restoration project to replace the architectural façade atop a 34-story building. The work included replacement of steel cladding with aluminum panels and repainting structural elements. The project required extensive logistical coordination due to the urban environment, ongoing building operations, and the specific work location.
- Managed construction of a higher education project to construct a lobby between two existing structures. The work included reconfiguration of a curtain wall to enclose an open-air passage, remodeling a laboratory to create partitioned conference rooms, and installation of digital displays and architectural features.
- Managed construction of 66,000 square foot roof structure over an existing sports arena. The structure included 450’ steel trusses placed on bearing pads to enable dynamic movement resulting from thermal expansion and contraction. The project also included alterations and renovations to the existing structures.
- Assisted with construction of a 350,000 square foot five-diamond luxury resort consisting of 263 guest rooms, restaurants, spa, meeting facilities, retail space, office space, wine cellar, sanctuary, and lush grounds with pools and fountains. Managed multiple sub-contract trades including structural steel, structural concrete, roofing, framing, plaster, drywall, venetian plaster, marble, custom tile, ornamental steel, and others.