Manuel Bremont is a Managing Director at Ankura based in Dallas. He brings over 18 years of experience in real estate, hospitality, tourism and other leisure products across the US, Latin America, the Caribbean and Europe. His advisory expertise is broad and includes market and feasibility analysis, strategic planning, operational diagnostics, interim/asset management, due diligence, restructuring, litigation support and M&A. During his career, Manuel has advised public entities, multinational development companies, financial institutions, PE firms, law firms and international lodging companies.
Prior to joining Ankura, Manuel was a senior director at Alvarez & Marsal. He previously spent four years working in hotel operations in Houston.
Manuel’s professional experience includes:
- M&A/Major US Third-Party Management Company – Assisted with the pre-acquisition due diligence and integration planning activities involving the two largest third-party hotel operators in North America with a combined portfolio of more than 1,400 hotels in 49 states and 20 countries.
- M&A/Luxury Brand Operator – Delivered pre-acquisition commercial and operational due diligence services in connection with a lodging portfolio comprised of 31 luxury hotels across five continents, luxury riverboats and trains, and annual revenues of $500 million. The company traded in 2018 for $3.2 billion.
- M&A/US Brand Operator – Working on behalf of an Asian hotel management company, conducted a commercial and operational due diligence process in connection with the bidding involving a major US brand operator valued at $480 million.
- Operational Diagnostic/Middle Eastern Hotel Investment and Management Firm – Performed an assessment of a portfolio comprised of 30 hotels and over 80 entertainment centers located in Saudi Arabia which identified EBITDA uplift opportunities ranging between $25 million and $35 million.
- Strategic Planning and Implementation/Major US Third-Party Management Company – Assisted with the development and implementation of a 100-day plan following the company’s acquisition by a PE firm in 2016. At the time the company was the largest third-party hotel operator in the US with a portfolio of 400+ hotels located across 40 states and nine countries.
- Dispute and Litigation Support/Major US Law Firm – On behalf of a multinational oil company, provided support in connection with the litigation that arose after a major oil disaster that took place in 2010. Participated in settlement negotiations, developed compensation scenarios, assisted with the drafting of settlement frameworks, and supported the claims administration program.
- Restructuring and Asset Management/Lehman Brothers – Served as part of the team that managed the Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc. bankruptcy estate, the largest corporate bankruptcy in US history. Assisted with overall restructuring activities including the management of operations and disposition of approximately $5 billion in hospitality assets.
- Interim Management/8,000-Acre, Mixed-Use Resort – Supervised day-to-day project activities including hotel and golf course operations, public relations, homeowner relations, construction activities, project security, disposition support, operations shutdown, settlement negotiations, and the successful coordination of the holding company’s bankruptcy filing in Mexico (Concurso Mercantil).
- News & events
- “GHN Market Report: British Virgin Islands,” Global Hotel Network, March 2015
- “GHN Market Report: Los Cabos,” Global Hotel Network, December 2013
- ULI Hotel Development Council, May 2019, “The North Texas Lodging Market,” Dallas, TX, Jeff Binford, Managing Director, CBRE
- Hospitality Law Conference, April 2019, “M&A: Lodging Industry Consolidation Trends,” Houston, TX
- ULI Hotel Development Council, May 2018, “The North Texas Lodging Market,” Dallas, TX
- Hospitality Law Conference, April 2018, “Hospitality M&A: Improving Value to Hotel Owners and Operators,” Houston, TX
- Hospitality Law Conference, February 2014, “Mixed-Use Projects,” Houston, TX