Mike Kennelly is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura, based in Chicago. He provides financial advisory, valuation, and accounting services for transactional advisory purposes, complex commercial disputes, accounting and valuation matters, and accounting investigations. He frequently serves as a financial, accounting, and valuation advisor to companies and investors for transaction and accounting purposes, including to assist them in accounting for and valuing businesses, cash flow generating assets, complex intellectual property, and complex securities. Mike has assisted companies with complex financial advisory issues throughout his career, including serving as the chief financial advisor to companies and other constituents in financially challenging or distressed environments. He has presented his findings to management committees, regulators, and state and federal courts, including US Tax Court, US Bankruptcy Court, and US District Court.
Mike’s professional experience includes:
- Business valuations and accounting analyses for a variety of purposes, including for transactions (mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures), solvency analyses, analysis of related party transactions, financial and tax accounting, capital planning, performance management, damages calculations, and other litigation purposes.
- Damages, solvency, inability to pay, accounting, and valuation analyses regarding transactions, post-transaction matters, disputes, and investigations.
- Due diligence, advisory and/or financial accounting services, including valuation and quality of earnings, for transaction purposes.
- Expert witness testimony in federal and state jurisdictions, including US Bankruptcy Court, US Tax Court, and arbitration proceedings, regarding damages and other financial, valuation, and accounting issues.
- Financial advisor in restructuring and distressed company matters, helping to develop, implement, or evaluate restructuring plans, sell assets, restructure debt, stabilize crises, and perform forensic analyses to analyze complex transactions.