Ryan joined Ankura with its 2018 acquisition of c3/consulting, where he was responsible for leading teams to drive value and scale in both large public and fast-growth private companies. He previously spent three years as chief operating officer of a fast-growing manufacturing and direct-sales organization, a broad role that encompassed oversight of technology, manufacturing, distribution, marketing, communications, customer service, and strategic analysis. Ryan began his career as a business analyst and project manager for a diverse holding company.
Ryan’s professional experience includes:
- Enterprise Transformation Management, Healthcare Purchasing Group: Led team that established a dedicated transformation management office at a national enterprise, providing significant business-process optimization and change leadership, among other efforts.
- Due Diligence Assessments, Healthcare System: Guided team in creating tools and methodology for assessing the technology of physician practices targeted for acquisition.
- Enterprise Process Optimization, Healthcare Services: Served as interim director of BPO for a national organization, providing strategic leadership, coaching, and guidance while managing the portfolio of work. Ryan also designed and implemented an enterprise performance dashboard and redesigned frameworks for portfolio management, business analysis, and product support.
- ICD-10 Transition, Health System: Provided strategic and change leadership for the switch to ICD-10 coding. Ryan established, led, and mentored the team handling enterprise education and communications. He also created and managed program governance structure, set up enterprise reporting and monitoring, and represented the initiative on cross-functional and executive leadership teams.
- Talent Management Program, National Healthcare Services Company: Led the design and implementation of a program to acquire, develop, and retain medical staff and executives. The project involved launching a centralized national recruitment program, partnering with universities and other educational organizations, introducing talent assessments, managing vendor contracts, and designing an employee referral program.
- Strategic Process Assessment, Healthcare Services: Facilitated the analysis of current state processes across five distinct operating units of a national company. Ryan then created and implemented a series of streamlined, consistent processes devised to support future needs.
- Payment Model Strategy, Healthcare System: Crafted the framework to help vet alternative payment model contracts in support of the national company’s readiness to adapt to new and emerging payment-reform initiatives.
- Solution and Vendor Evaluation and Implementation, Multiple Clients: Led various efforts to create specialty software solutions, including: salesforce automation for an international executive recruitment organization and national consulting firm; enterprise resource planning and materials management for a fast-growing manufacturer; customer relationship management for a national fundraising organization and publisher; professional service administration for a healthcare professional-services firm; learning management system (LMS) for a national healthcare services organization; and a knowledge management system for a direct sales and national healthcare services organization.
- Process Automation, Manufacturing and Direct Sales Group: While serving as COO, shepherded such major projects as the optimization and integration of a new pick-and-pack system and the deployment of new front- and back-office ERP systems to support process automation, among others.
- Acquisitions Analysis and Integration, Multiple Clients: Led efforts to evaluate technology and processes of potential targets to identify prospective synergies, gaps, and needs and then guided the planning and integration of business and information systems of acquired companies.
- Technology and Business Assessments, Multiple Clients: Facilitate meetings at all levels within organizations to determine current and future needs, developing comprehensive business requirements and detailed functional specifications while working with both stakeholders and software developers.
- Technology Life-Cycle Management, Multiple Clients: Guided and delivered more than 50 comprehensive technology projects across more than a dozen companies, encompassing everything from conceptual design to procurement, operation, and support. Ryan has also managed teams of two to 20 people on projects big and small, from a simple website to the enterprise-wide applications.