Valerie joined Ankura with the 2018 acquisition of c3/consulting. At c3, she collaborated with leadership and frontline stakeholders to develop organizational visions, strategic goals, and execution plans that enabled long-term benefits and value creation. Prior to c3, Valerie ran her own successful consulting firm specializing in service businesses and focusing on growth strategies including sales and marketing process optimization. She ran the national consulting practice for Silicon Valley Bank specializing in telecommunications and online services. She has focused on early stage businesses and has raised funds for start-ups, early and expansion stage ventures.
Valerie’s professional experience includes:
- Technology Security Gap Analysis and Remediation, Global Financial Institution: Led team of consultants, vendors, client leaders, and subject matter experts to quickly align around a vision for remediating security and other technology gaps across worldwide network. Authored vision document for chief information officer and board of directors leading to funding for this $14 million initiative. The program’s 19 separate work streams achieved targeted remediation states for data centers and communication links in North America, Asia, and the European Union. Workstreams within the program included implementing network monitoring tools; asset tracking; network architecture for segmentation and infrastructure mapping; installation of malware and penetration scanning; device upgrades, software patch management, application and database migrations, data circuit inventories; data center route audit.
- Marketing Strategy Development, Multiple Clients: Consulted on web marketing strategy for established management training and consulting firm developing new practice in matrix management; recast market position and messaging across various media resulting in top page ranking in key web searches and other repositioning successes. Developed and implemented strategic marketing plan for healthcare IT firm to re-introduce brand as the preferred technology for automated management of sterile hospital instruments.
- Strategic Planning, Non-Profit Healthcare Provider: Served as board chair for non-profit health provider with annual budget of $2.4 million; led restructuring of financial and service operation relationships with a large regional hospital organization. Developed strategic plan, mission, and initial project in conjunction with skeleton board. Organized fundraising and board development committees. Achieved strategic goals while right-sizing the organization to a more sustainable position
- Business Plan Development, Platform Services Startup for Entrepreneurs and Investors: Serving in executive role for financial services start-up, created multiple business plans including marketing strategy, scope of offering, revenue model and financials, pivoting as technology and market changed; secured the company’s beta test client and managed investors and board of directors.
- Technology Infrastructure Refresh, Global 100 Financial Services Firm: Led $35 million infrastructure refresh managing an international team of consultants and client resources to drive completion of complex data center and tech refresh program by deadline.
- Human Resources Transformation, Multi-National Business Process Outsourcer: Led a series of projects within the transformation, including selling, general, and administrative (SG&A) cost reduction analysis and implementation tracking; centralization and offshoring of human resource sub-functions; financial analysis including budget/forecast analysis; and instituting a variance reporting discipline.
- Practice Development, National Bank: Created telecommunications and online services practice supporting 225 lending officers in 12 states; supported and confirmed bank’s market lead with one-on-one and group presentations to key venture and corporate audiences.
- Technology Implementation, Global Financial Institution: Implemented network tools from remote and centralized locations of global financial institution to enable asset tracking, network mapping and traffic scanning; installation of malware and penetration scanning; device upgrades, software patch management, application and database migrations, data circuit inventories; data center route audit.
- Functional Area Analysis, Corrections Firm: Facilitated functional area analysis of nine service areas by partnering with executive, mid-level, and project team leaders. Developed and delivered 500 pages of analysis and recommendations including the analysis of over 82 initiatives yielding an optimized recommendation for quick wins and long-term gains.
- Program Management, National Bank: Led key internal initiative moving institutional products and front-line sales teams from a silo focus on stand-alone services to an integrated, client-based view resulting in significant up-sell penetration.
- Managed Service Excellence Initiative for a Medicare Health Plan Self-op Call Center.