Jon Prudhoe is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura. Based in Asia for over 20 years, he is one of the few experts, worldwide, equally capable of opining on matters of quantum and delay. He has more than 35 years experience in the construction industry and holds an extensive portfolio of expert appointments, including many of the regions most high profile and complex disputes.
Jon’s experience includes onshore and offshore oil and gas, marine, shipbuilding, petrochemical, infrastructure, transportation, utility, power, green energy, building, and civil engineering projects throughout Asia- Pacific, Middle East, Europe, Africa, South America, and USA. His depth and extent of technical knowledge in all these sectors, combined with his robust testifying experience means he is one of APAC’s most highly sought-after construction experts.
He has been instructed on over 100 expert witness appointments including matters such as contract terminations; evaluation of changed work; quantum of damages as well as matters relating to delay, acceleration, disruption and loss of productivity, extension of time (EOT) claims, and assessment of concurrent delays.
Jon has given evidence in arbitration hearings under ICC, SIAC, SCMA, DIAC, HKIAC, SCC, KLRCA, UNCITRAL, and LCIA rules and court and arbitration proceedings in Australia, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Sweden, UAE, and UK. He is well versed in giving oral evidence under cross-examination in litigation and arbitration proceedings including expert witness conferencing (hot-tubbing).
His experience also includes several appointments as expert determiner as well as full-term and ad-hoc dispute board appointments.
A selection of Jon’s engagements includes Expert Witness appointments as well as dealing with claims and commerical issues in relation to:
Marine and offshore projects
- Semi-submersible vessels
- Drilling rigs
- FPSOs, FSUs, MOPUs
- Hull conversions
- Jack-up rigs
- Offshore platforms / jackets, topsides, and accommodation modules
- Pipelaying, rock dumping and dredging vessels
- Naval vessels
- Other vessels
- Sub-sea pipelines
With clients including major oil companies, fabrication yards, vessel owners in locations such as Brazil, Canada, China, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Thailand, Singapore, South Korea and Vietnam
- Refinery construction, expansion, refurbishment and shut-downs in UAE, UK, Vietnam and West Indies
- Various LNG plants in Asia Pacific region
- Coal-fired power plants in India, Sri Lanka and Indonesia
- CCGT plants in Vietnam, Netherlands and Australia
- Various types of water treatment plants Australia, Hong Kong, Oman, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, and the UK
- Hydro-electric schemes in India, Malaysia and South Africa
- Geothermal plant in Philippines
- Various chemical plants in EMEA and APAC
- Paper mill in Vietnam
- Nuclear plant in Europe
With clients including owners, EPC contractors and subcontractors such a M&E, turbine specialists and others
- Several major highway projects in India, Hong Kong, Australia and Singapore including bridges, tunnels, viaducts and earth retaining structures
- Rail projects in Philippines, Qatar, Taiwan, Singapore and Hong Kong
- Container terminals in Singapore and East Africa
- Mining and mine infrastructure projects
Disputes include issues such as late access and out of sequence working, terminations, non-performance and mal-operation of tunnel boring machines and various ground condition problems.
- Airport projects (new build and extensions) in Singapore, UK, Thailand and the Middle East
- Convention and exhibition centres in Australia and Singapore
- Residential and mixed-use development projects in EMEA and APAC
- High rise buildings in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and UAE
- Hotels, hospitals, retail developments, sports facilities and theme parks
- Alternation works on industrial, residential, hotels and commercial buildings