515 South Flower Street, Suite 3650
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Dr. Jon Tomlin is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura, based in Los Angeles. He is a leading economic expert in the areas of economic damages and antitrust and has advised clients in each of these areas for over 20 years. Jon has testified as an economic expert witness for cases in both state and federal courts.
Jon has extensive experience advising clients regarding complex economic damages issues. He has assessed economic damages in cases involving allegations of false advertising, breach of contract, fraud, antitrust, and intellectual property. He has evaluated class certification issues in many of these cases.
In the antitrust arena, Jon has served as an economic consultant and testifying expert in numerous matters involving alleged price-fixing. He has been engaged on many of the largest price-fixing matters in the United States over the past two decades including those in TFT-LCDs, polyurethane foam, gasoline refining, CRTs, ready-mix concrete, highway construction, vitamins, high explosives, and optical disk drives. Jon has also advised clients in matters involving alleged monopolization and attempted monopolization, vertical restraints, exclusionary conduct, price discrimination, and predatory pricing.
- PhD, University of California, Los Angeles
- MA, University of California, Los Angeles
- BA, University of Pennsylvania
- American Economic Association
- National Association of Business Economists
- Licensing Executives Society
- American Finance Association
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, Economics Instructor
- B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, Referee
- Journal of Forensic Economics, Referee
- Issues in Competition Law and Policy, American Bar Association, Contributing Editor
- American Law and Economics Association
- Western Economics Association
- UCLA Graduate Economics Association, President
- University of Pennsylvania Undergraduate Economics Society, President