460 Alexandra Road, mTower, #22-05
Premjit Dass is a Managing Director at Ankura based in Singapore. He specializes in providing expert witness services on financial and accounting issues in the context of commercial disputes.
Premjit is a Chartered Accountant and has over 25 years of accountancy experience. He has been involved in a number of complex and high-profile disputes. He has acted as an expert witness on several occasions and has testified in SIAC arbitrations and before the Singapore courts.
Premjit’s expertise includes construction-related disputes, breach of contract disputes, loss of profits assessments, transaction-related disputes, and breach of warranty claims. He has been involved in accounting investigations, pricing and regulatory reviews, and accounting manipulation claims.
Premjit’s experience covers disputes in a number of different industries including shipping, oil and gas, construction, retail, manufacturing, and financial services. He has worked in a variety of jurisdictions including Asia, the UK, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, and India.
Premjit’s professional experience includes:
- Expert witness on behalf of a Malaysian organization that was concerned that a number of financial irregularities and/or improprieties had occurred in connection with the application of the funds transferred by it to its subsidiary organizations.
- Expert witness services on behalf of a Malaysian construction company, in relation to a Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration matter regarding lost profits suffered by a tank farm near Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- Assessing the damages suffered by a Malaysian port caused by an oil spill operation.
- Expert witness services in the context of a post-acquisition dispute of a Chinese company in an HKIAC arbitration.
- Assessing the evidence on a loss of profits/business opportunity in a SIAC arbitration brought on by a developer against a government body in respect to a property development.
- Assessing the valuation of a company and the purchase price of shares of a 50% JV partner in a SIAC arbitration.
- Expert witness in a SIAC arbitration on behalf of the investor in casinos in proceedings brought by the government of an Asian country. Gave oral testimony before the tribunal.
- Expert witness in a Singapore SIAC arbitration in respect to the alleged wrongful termination of a contract.
- Expert witness services on behalf of a distributor of industrial steel products in relation to allegations of the breach of fiduciary duties on the part of the directors in connection with related party transactions.
- Expert witness services in the context of an LCIA arbitration on behalf of a Cypriot bank against an Indonesian bank in respect to the legitimacy of certain loan arrangements.
- Expert witness services in a London arbitration in respect to a breached distribution agreement for luxury sportswear.
- Expert witness services in an Australian arbitration when a construction project overran by $800 million.
- The forensic review of accounting practices and governance framework for a manufacturing organization in Saudi Arabia.
- An investigation into allegations of financial irregularities and improprieties in the Ethiopian operations of a leading U.S. charity.
- An investigation on behalf of a UK-based company supplying goods to the U.S. military.
- An investigation on behalf of a major UK-based aeronautical manufacturer into allegations of financial irregularities at its Indian operations.
- An investigation into allegations of bribes paid by a leading manufacturer of industrial machinery to government officials in order to obtain business.
- An investigation into alleged bribes by the Indian subsidiary of a medical technology company to officials of the Indian Ministry of Health to obtain an import license.
- An engagement on behalf of a leading U.S.-based conglomerate to conduct a global post-acquisition risk assessment on a company that it had acquired.
- An FCPA investigation on behalf of a global medical devices company. Conducted an investigation on behalf of a JV with the Turkish government into allegations of embezzlement and fraud raised by a whistleblower.
- Co-led an investigation into allegations of bribery and corruption in an oil major’s shipping department.
- An FCPA investigation on behalf of a global freight forwarder. The engagement involved reviews across a number of the client’s locations.
- Anti-bribery and corruption review of the Indonesian operations of a leading U.S. chemical manufacturer of industrial chemicals.
- Anti-bribery and corruption investigation into the Indian operations of a U.S.-based software services company.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Delhi University
- Honors & Awards
- Who’s Who Legal says: “Premjit Dass is commended for his ‘attention to detail’ and ‘ability to assess areas of strength and weakness’. Described by clients as ‘a cut above the rest’, he is involved in such issues as accounting manipulation claims and corruption investigations.”
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Associate Member