Experts & Advisors
Senior Managing Director
55 Bishopsgate, 2nd Floor
London, England EC2N 3AS
Scott Jardine is a Senior Managing Director at Ankura, based in London. He is a Chartered Civil Engineer with over 24 years’ experience of implementing and advising on capital projects. He has been appointed as a delay expert witness on many occasions in both traditional engineering and IT capital project disputes and has given oral evidence.
Scott has worked for public and private sector clients advising on project delay, contract termination, contract efficiency, and dispute readiness. He has undertaken detailed reviews of projects and advised clients on the strengths of the delay case and options for termination. His project experience covers a wide range of sectors including power, oil and gas, shipping, marine engineering, defense, nuclear, rail, infrastructure, education, airports, retail, high end residential, healthcare, information technology, buildings, and manufacturing processes in the UK and internationally.
Scott has been appointed as the delay expert in the UK High Court (TCC), arbitrations (LCIA, ICC & DIAC), dispute adjudication boards (DABs), and mediations. Scott also regularly undertakes independent “merit reviews” for clients and works for insurers on delay related insurance claims
Scott’s professional experience includes:
- Project experience covering a wide range of sectors including power production, marine engineering, rail, and infrastructure, education, airports, retail, residential, healthcare, information technology, civic buildings, and manufacturing processes in the UK and internationally.
- Authored expert reports and conducted analysis to determine the assessment of culpability with regards to capital project disputes and delay and disruption cases utilising traditional and bespoke delay analysis methods. Has given oral evidence on causes of delay and delay analysis methods.
- Advised clients on dispute preparation, including advice on consequences of terminating contracts and preparing for formal dispute proceedings.
- Advised and assisted client project teams in the development of project controls, procurement systems, risk strategy, and in the selection of project team and contracting organisations.
- Developed and implemented contract programme management systems for use within production teams, utilising several high-end critical path analysis software packages and bespoke database applications.
- Implemented the use of earned value analysis as a mechanism for project control and budget reporting.
Scott’s selected contentious construction, IT, and engineering experience includes:
- Shipbuilding Project – Middle East: Scott was appointed as the independent delay expert witness for a DIAC arbitration on a dispute between an owner and the builder of a ship. Construction issues included delays to piping and electrical systems, additional steel weight and changes to design.
- Luxury Residential Development – London: Scott was appointed as the delay expert in a dispute between a contractor and developer on a multi-million pound “high end residential” project in London. Scott’s client won the adjudication.
- Waste Processing Plant Dispute – UK: Scott was appointed as the independent delay expert witness in a litigation between a contractor and a client over the cause of delays to the construction and commissioning of a waste processing plant. Delays were caused by structural issues as well as by late commissioning of the process equipment. The case settled before trial at the TCC.
- International Power Station Project – Middle East: Scott was appointed as an independent delay expert advisor to assess the delays to this 1,600 megawatts project. Scott advised on the cause of delay to assist the contractor’s decision making.
- Prestigious Infrastructure project – UK: Scott provided expert programming and delay advice to a consortium undertaking a prestigious £800 million infrastructure project to assist in managing live programme risks, and extension of time claims with the client.
- Road Project – UK: Scott was appointed as the delay expert in a dispute between a contractor and client on a UK road project.
- Defence Project – UK: Scott was appointed as the delay expert to independently assess the delay impacts to a defence project by external influences.
- Public Sector Building Project – UK: Scott was appointed as the independent delay expert witness in a litigation between a SPV and an UK Public Sector body over the cause of delays to the construction of a group of building projects. The case settled before trial at the TCC.
- Tunnel Project – Hong Kong: Scott was appointed as an independent delay expert to review the delays to the construction of a large tunnel. He undertook a high-level review of the claims presented and provided recommendations as to the possibility of success in arbitration.
- Offshore Wind Farm Dispute – Germany: Scott was appointed as the independent delay expert witness for a German DAB hearing into delays to the construction of elements of an offshore wind farm. This included giving oral evidence on two occasions to the DAB that was conducted under German Law.
- Building Project – Middle East: Scott was appointed as the independent delay expert witness on a dispute between a developer and main contractor concerning the construction of circa 350 luxury villas. Scott authored several expert reports and gave oral evidence in the arbitration hearing.
- BEng (First Class Hons) Civil Engineering, Loughborough University of Technology
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (MICE)