Premjit Dass is a Managing Director at Ankura, based in Singapore. He is a forensic accountant with close to 20 years’ experience. Premjit has acted as an expert witness in SIAC and ICSID arbitrations. Premjit’s experience includes accounting investigations, anti-bribery, and corruption investigations, commercial disputes, quantum of loss assessments, transaction related disputes, and breach of warranty claims and accounting manipulation claims.
Premjit’s professional experience includes:
- Anti-bribery and corruption review of the Indonesian operations of a leading US chemical manufacturer of industrial chemicals.
- Anti-bribery and corruption investigation into the Indian operations of a US-based software services company.
- Acted as an expert witness on behalf of a Malaysian organization that was concerned that a number of financial irregularities and/or improprieties had occurred in connection with the application of the funds transferred by it to its subsidiary organizations.
- Expert witness services on behalf of a Malaysian construction company, in relation to a Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration matter regarding lost profits suffered by a tank farm near Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- Assessing the damages suffered by a Malaysian port caused by an oil spill operations.
- Expert witness services in the context of a post-acquisition dispute of a Chinese company in an HKIAC arbitration.
- Assessing the evidence on a loss of profits/business opportunity in a SIAC arbitration brought on by a developer against a government body in respect of a property development.
- Assessing the valuation of a company and the purchase price of shares of a 50% JV partner in an SIAC arbitration.
- Acted as an expert witness in a SIAC arbitration on behalf of the investor in casinos in proceedings brought by the government of an Asian country. Gave oral testimony before the Tribunal.
- Acted as an expert witness in a Singapore SIAC arbitration in respect of the alleged wrongful termination of a contract.
- Expert witness services on behalf of a distributor of industrial steel products in relation to allegations of the breach of fiduciary duties on the part of the directors in connection with related party transactions.
- Expert witness services in the context of an LCIA arbitration on behalf of a Cypriot Bank against an Indonesian bank in respect of the legitimacy of certain loan arrangements.
- Expert witness services in a London arbitration in respect of a breached distribution agreement for luxury sports wear.
- Expert witness services in an Australian arbitration when a construction project overran by $800 million.
- The forensic review of accounting practices and governance framework for a manufacturing organisation in Saudi Arabia.
- An investigation into allegations of financial irregularities improprieties in the Ethiopian operations of a leading US charity.
- An investigation on behalf of a UK-based company supplying goods to the US military.
- An investigation on behalf of a major UK based aeronautical manufacturer into allegations of financial irregularities at its Indian operations.
- An investigation into allegations of bribes paid by a leading manufacturer of industrial machinery to government officials in order to obtain business.
- An investigation into alleged bribes being by the Indian subsidiary of a medical technology company to officials of the Indian Ministry of Health to obtain an import license.
- An engagement on behalf of a leading US based conglomerate to conduct a global post acquisition risk assessment on a company that it had acquired.
- An FCPA investigation on behalf of a global medical devices company. Conducted an investigation on behalf of a JV with the Turkish Government into allegations of embezzlement and fraud raised by a whistleblower.
- Co-led an investigation into allegations of bribery and corruption in an oil major’s shipping department.
- An FCPA investigation on behalf of a global freight forwarder. The engagement involved reviews across a number of the client’s locations.
- Conducting an anti-corruption risk assessment on behalf of a leading US based company that is a leading global manufacturer of integrated technology solutions in the retail petroleum industry.
- A pre-acquisition anti-corruption due diligence on behalf of a major US company that was desirous of acquiring an overseas distributor.
- An FCPA investigation on behalf of the developer and manufacturer self-service, security, and service solutions for use in the financial services industry.
Honors & awards
- Who’s Who Legal says: “Premjit Dass is commended for his ‘attention to detail’ and ‘ability to assess areas of strength and weakness’. Described by clients as ‘a cut above the rest’, he is involved in such issues as accounting manipulation claims and corruption investigations.”
- News & events